Terms & Conditions
VENUE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BWL (Sugar Factory) Limited (we, us) manages and operates The Beams (Venue). Your admission to and conduct at the Venue is governed by these terms and conditions (Venue Terms). By purchasing tickets (Ticket(s)) to an event (the Event) and/ or entering or attempting to enter the Venue, you will be deemed to have accepted these Venue Terms and, where applicable the terms and conditions of the ticket agent (Ticket Agent) and event organiser (Event Organiser) (together the Additional Terms).
1. You must produce a valid Ticket to gain entry to any Event at the Venue.
2. There may be additional measures and restrictions in place at the Venue to ensure the safety of staff and guests in relation to COVID-19 (including any variants or mutations thereof) (COVID-19 Measures) which may vary according to health and safety and government advice at the time of your attending the Venue. You acknowledge and agree that your breach of any such COVID-19 Measures may lead to you being refused entry and/or ejected from the Event without refund).
We reserve the right to alter or remove the COVID-19 Measures at any time in response to the latest guidance or legislation from the UK Government or as otherwise deemed necessary by us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you recognise the known risks of COVID-19 and understand that: (a) such risks cannot be fully eliminated and are increased by proximity to other people; (b) there is an inherent and elevated risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place or place where people are present; and (c) there is no guarantee (express or implied) that you will not be exposed to COVID-19 (and any variants thereof).
3. Right of admission is reserved. There are to be no re-admissions once you have left the Venue.
4. In addition to these Venue Terms, you should refer to the Additional Terms of the Ticket Agent and/ or Organiser (as applicable).
5. It is your responsibility to check your Tickets and inform your Ticket Agent immediately of any inaccuracies as mistakes cannot be rectified by the Venue.
6. Tickets can either be printed or, in the case of e-tickets, displayed on your mobile.
7. All Tickets for each Event will be checked and scanned on entry. It is your responsibility to check your Ticket(s) to ascertain the date and times of the Event.
8. You must bring a valid form of photographic ID to the Event (we only accept valid passports, foreign national ID cards, driving licences or Home Office approved PASS cards as identification and/or proof of age) (Photo ID). We cannot accept expired or out of date forms of Photo ID. If you are not able to provide proof of a valid Photo ID you may be refused entry without a refund. If there is a name on your Ticket, you must provide a valid Photo ID which matches the named printed on the Ticket. Fake, invalid or duplicate Tickets will be rejected.
9. We reserve the right in our discretion to issue wristbands for certain areas within the Venue and we may exchange your Ticket for a wristband.
10. We are not responsible or liable for lost or stolen Tickets or wristbands. You must retain your Ticket (or wristband) at all times during the Event, damaged Tickets (or wristbands)
may be treated invalid.
11. You are responsible for ensuring that you purchase your Ticket(s) from an authorised Ticket Agent. Authorised Ticket Agents may vary for each Event, please check with the Event Organiser if you are unsure.
12. Age restrictions vary from Event to Event. It is the responsibility of the purchaser of the Tickets to check before purchasing the Tickets that they and the persons for whom they purchase the Tickets for can comply with such age restrictions. You must be able to provide Photo ID of identity and age. We reserve the right to refuse entry, without refund, to any person who is unable to provide Photo ID.
13. Subject to any Event specific age restrictions, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over (subject to a maximum number of 4 children per adult).
14. If you are purchasing Tickets for (or accompanying) anyone under the age of 16, you acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for that individual at all times at the Event.
This includes checking the suitability of an Event for any children in your party regardless of official age restrictions.
15. The following restrictions will apply to your attendance at the Event and your breach of any of these may lead to you being refused entry or ejected from the Event without a refund (please note that we are not responsible for any prohibited items or other items that we deem inappropriate or unsafe that are confiscated):
• crowd surfing and moshing are prohibited;
• illegal substances including new psychoactive substances (commonly known as ‘legal highs’) and/ or other drugs considered to be unsafe are strictly prohibited and will not be permitted to be brought into the Event;
• animals are not permitted (with the exception of registered assistance dogs);
• no food or any form of liquid (including drinks and perfume);
• no chewing gum; bottles; weapons; ammunition;
• no horns; whistles; drums, megaphones, amplification equipment, klaxons, air horns;
• no fireworks, flares, smoke canisters, explosives, firearms, knives, blades; or any other article which may be used as a weapon or missile, or which may, in our reasonable opinion, cause danger or disruption to visitors at the venue (regardless of whether or not such item is illegal or is carried for specific purposes);
• no large bags (refer to bag policy below);
• no throwing items;
• no climbing or standing upon fences, barriers, walls, safety fences, arrangements, structures, exhibits or buildings or similar;
• no hi-visibility tabards or similar;
• no sponsorship, promotional or marketing material;
• no marker pens, spray paint or any other similar items that may be used to mark infrastructure; and
• no unauthorised professional photography or filming equipment (including go-pros and drones) and we reserve the right to destroy any such unauthorized photographs or recordings).
16. We reserve the right to confiscate any prohibited items. Anyone found in possession of a prohibited item will be refused admission and/ or ejected from the Venue without a refund and may also be liable for prosecution.
17. We reserve the right to pass your details to the relevant authorities should we consider an offence or criminal act has taken place.
18. We operate a strict zero tolerance drugs policy. Anyone found in possession of illegal substances will be refused admission, ejected from the Venue without a refund and may also be liable for prosecution. If you are suspected of using and/or supplying illegal substances, you may be selected an enhanced search in a private area. Failure to comply or cooperate will result in you being ejected from the Venue without a refund.
19. The Venue operates a Challenge 25 policy, when purchasing alcohol at the Event, you may be asked for proof of age, please bring a valid Photo ID.
20. If you have any specific reasons for bringing a prohibited item into the Venue (for example, because you have a medical condition) this is subject to an approved request and issue of an exemption letter by the us (to avoid confiscation), please contact us no later than one week prior to the Event on firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, we reserve the right to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit, to confiscate items (including those set out in condition 15 above) which may cause danger or disruption to the Event with no refund. Any refusal by a Ticket holder to comply with such searches may result in refusal of admission or eviction from the Venue without refund or compensation.
22. Strictly no trading or other commercial activity including marketing, advertising or flyposting by a Ticket holder will be allowed at the Venue with our written consent. Please note that we will charge a fee for any commercial activity (including filming, photography and recording) at the Venue.
23. We recommend you review the weather forecast in advance of the Event, and ensure you are prepared for the forecast conditions with suitable clothing and footwear. No refunds will be given due to inclement weather.
24. Some Events may have a last entry time and we reserve the right to refuse entry to any person seeking to enter the Event after last entry time. You are responsible for checking the last entry time for the Event and ensuring that you arrive in good time (you should arrive early to avoid queues). Refunds will not be given for ticket holders who miss the last entry time.
25. We do not allow bags or rucksacks on site that are bigger than an A4 piece of paper (21cm x 30cm).
26. CCTV and film cameras may be present at the Venue for health and safety, prevention and detection of crime and/or as part of a recording that may be distributed (commercial or otherwise) without payment and by entering the Venue you consent to the foregoing.
27. Some Events may have further specific restrictions on recording images and videos for personal or private use, including but not limited to a complete ban on mobile phone / digital camera/ use of such in some or all areas of the Venue. Information on Events with such requirements will be communicated in advance for example on the Event Organiser and/ or Venue’s website and/ or social media pages, and/or e-mail communication and/ or displayed upon entrance to the Venue and by entering the Venue you consent to the foregoing.
28. We have a dedicated welfare and medical area at the Venue, if for any reason you or someone else feels unwell, immediately notify a steward or other official.
29. In the case of emergency please follow instructions, directions from stewards, staff and/ or other officials.
30. All attendees must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements, rules and regulations (including these Venue Terms, and the regulations of any licensing authority) while at the Venue.
31. Ticket holders may be ejected from the Event and reported to the Police if in our reasonable opinion, the Ticket holder is a risk to the safety of any patron and/or may affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the Event or may cause damage, nuisance or injury. Examples include being (or appearing to be) drunk, incapable, intoxicated or under the influence of illegal drugs, under-age (where relevant), abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, declining to be searched, failure to comply with the reasonable instructions of Event officials or in breach of any of these Terms. Where a Ticket holder has been ejected from the Venue or refused Entry to the Event, such Ticket holder will not be entitled to a refund and shall not be granted re-entry on another Ticket howsoever purchased or obtained.
32. During the Event you may be exposed to loud music, smoke and/or strobe lighting. Please note that prolonged exposure to loud music can cause damage to your hearing. We strongly recommend that all attendees take any precautions they deem necessary.
33. We are committed to continuously improving accessibility at the Venue. If you have accessibility requirements or concerns about any elements of the Event, (where possible) specify such requirements at the point of purchase or alternatively contact the Venue (where possible) at least one week prior to the Event using email to email@example.com.
34. If you have any issues including in respect of your ability to view or hear any of the performances, please inform a member of staff at the Event.
36. It is against the law to smoke in enclosed spaces. Smoking (including the use of e-cigarettes) is only permitted in designated smoking area(s), please observe signage for directions to the designated smoking area(s). Any person caught smoking anywhere except for the designated smoking area(s) will be ejected from the Venue without a refund.
37. Certain areas of the Venue may have specific capacity requirements. Where an area is at capacity, we reserve the right to enforce a one-in one out policy.
38. It is your responsibility to check the Event, Event Organiser and Ticket Agents websites for news of any alterations to the Event. Information on such matters will be made available on behalf of the Event Organiser as soon as reasonably practicable.
39. In an Event is cancelled, refunds will be in accordance with the Event Organiser’s and/or the Ticket Agent’s terms and conditions. Please contact your point of purchase.
40. Admission is at your own risk. We and our affiliates will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at the event including damage, theft or losses to property.
41. We have the right to revise and amend these Venue Terms from time to time and post the new version of on the Venue website. By continuing to use the website/ attending the Event, you signify your agreement to be bound by the amended Venue Terms.
42. These Terms shall be governed by English Law and we both agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
These Venue Terms and Conditions were last updated on 22nd July 2022.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All competitions on our website at www.thebeamslondon.com are governed by these terms and conditions (these Terms) and entrants agree that they have read and understood these Terms and by entering into the competition they will be bound by them together with such other terms as set out in the relevant competition.
2. The closing date for entries is as specified on the relevant competition (the Closing Date).
3. This competition is open to residents of the UK only, aged 18 and over unless otherwise specifically set out in the terms of the relevant competition. Employees of BWL (Sugar Factory) Limited (the Promoter) and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
4. One entry per person. The Promoter reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
5. All entries must include name, age, address (including postcode), telephone number of entrant and such other information as set out in the relevant competition.
6. The winner will be the first entry randomly drawn after the Closing Date from all correct entries received.
7. The prize is as stated on the relevant competition.
8. For entrants under the age of 18, the prize is subject to the winner’s parent or legal guardian consenting to these Terms.
9. The winner will be notified if they are the winner and will receive written confirmation and full details of the prize by email.
10. In the event that the Promoter cannot for any reason contact the winner within 24 hours of the Closing Date the Promoter reserves the right to draw another winner.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition including the determination of any winner of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that the selected winner has contravened any of these Terms.
13. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
14. The prize is as stated, is non-transferable and does not include any additional costs and expenses. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control the Promoter is unable to provide any stated prize, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of equal value.
15. The winner (and their guest or travel companion if applicable) may be required to take part in reasonable publicity.
16. The Promoter and the prize provider may publish and publicise the winner’s name, image, social media handle and/or profile picture, and their entry, and may refer to the winner’s association with the competition and/or the prize, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes.
17. The Promoter may carry out an interview with the winner either by telephone or in person and may film, record and/or photograph the interview which may use such film, recording and/or photograph(s) for publicity and PR purposes in any and all media, worldwide in perpetuity.
18. The Promoter shall not be liable to the winner and/or their parent or legal guardian for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition and/or prize other than death or personal injury caused by negligence of the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s personnel and/or deceit or fraud by Promoter and/or Promoter’s personnel.
19. Entrants acknowledge that copyright in submissions will be owned by the Promoter. Entrants agree to assign to the Promoter all intellectual property rights in the submission with full title guarantee and to waive their moral rights.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the relevant competition and/or these Terms if deemed necessary or appropriate to do so for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control or if there has been an error etc and without any liability.
22. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
23. Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to: BWL (Sugar Factory) Limited, 1 Surrey Quays Road, London SE16 7PJ.
These Competition Terms and Conditions were last updated on 17th June 2022.
1.1 Thanks for visiting the website owned by BWL (Sugar Factory) Limited which operates and manages The Beams, whether via our website or mobile application (we’ll refer to them collectively as our “Website for short) brought to you by The Beams (we, us or our).
1.3 In these Terms, when we refer to you and your we mean you, the person using or visiting our Website.
1.4 If you are under the age of 18, please make sure that a parent or legal guardian (Adult) reads these Terms and explain any sections to you that you don’t understand. You must have an Adult’s permission to use the Website and unfortunately only an Adult can set up accounts with us and make purchases with us.
2. ABOUT US
2.1 We are BWL (Sugar Factory) Limited (company number 13861003) with our registered address at 1 Surrey Quays Road, London SE16 7PJ.
2.2 If you have any questions or would like to contact us about these Terms, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. BY USING OUR PLATFORM YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
By visiting our Website you agree to be bound by these Terms so please ensure that you read these Terms carefully. If you do not agree to all of these Terms, do not access or use the Website.
4. ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE
4.1 There is currently no charge for your use of the Website, although you will of course be charged for any tickets or other goods and/or services that you purchase through the Website. You acknowledge that we reserve the right to change that in the future and may for example charge for access to certain Content but we’ll make that clear to you if we do.
4.2 You agree that we can make changes to the Website or Content that we want to and that we can stop making the Website or any Content on the Website available or limit access to it at any time. We do not have to tell you before we do this.
4.3 Anything that you may need to be able to access the Website, such as computers, mobile devices or internet access, is your responsibility and we don’t have to provide any of this equipment for you. You are also responsible for ensuring that no person uses your equipment to access the Website without your permission. We will be entitled to assume that anyone who accesses the Website using your equipment has your permission to do so and you will be responsible for any charges, costs or liabilities that may be incurred by any such persons while using your equipment.
4.4 You must not attack the Website with any viruses or other things that might be harmful to the Website or any of our users. Any hackers or other trouble makers may be reported to law enforcement authorities.
5. NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR CONTENT
5.1 The Content on our Website is for general information and entertainment only. With the exception of any User Content which we address in the User Content and Standards Section 9 below, we take care to ensure that the Content on our Website is accurate or complete but it is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely and in many cases will be made up of views and opinions.
5.2 Some of the Content on our Website is written, supplied or provided to us by third parties (such as in circumstances where you upload your User Content to the Website) and where that it the case we are often unable to verify the accuracy of such information. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information on our Website before relying on it.
6. THIRD PARTY LINKS AND LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
6.1 As we’ve mentioned, our Website may contain content provided by third parties. In addition to User Content, this might include links to third party sites or applications, banner advertising or embedded resources provided by third parties not under our control. We hope that you’ll be interested in these third party sites or applications, ads and content, but you acknowledge that they are independent from us, we have no control over them and do not endorse, accept responsibility or liability for their content, practices, terms and conditions, suitability or compliance with laws.
6.2 Links to third party sites or applications do not necessarily mean that we are or that our Website is affiliated or associated with such third party sites or applications. If you do decide to visit any other site or application or click on third party content, you do so at your own risk but should be aware that other third party sites or applications may have their own terms and conditions, which we suggest you read carefully before proceeding. We accept no responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party sites or applications.
6.3 You may link to any part of our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not frame our Website on another site or application or establish a link in such a way as to suggest that we might be associated with another third party or site where we’re not. You agree that we can withdraw linking permission to our Website at any time and we do not have to tell you about this before we do so.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
7.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in and to the Website and/or the Content, material, products or services available on it.
7.2 You may store, print individual pages and retrieve and display Content on a computer screen for your personal use but you must not use any Content from the Website for commercial purposes without our permission.
7.3 If you copy or use any part of the Website or Content in breach of the Terms, you will no longer have permission to use the Website and, in addition to any other rights we may have, we can require you to return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
7.4 If you wish to make use of any Content on our Website other than as set out above, please address your request to us at the email set out in the About Us section 2 above.
8. DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
Any personal information that we collect from you as you browse and use the Website or interact with Content will be collected and used in accordance with our Privacy and Cookies Policy. To find out more about the data we collect from you and how we use it please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
9. USER CONTENT AND STANDARDS
9.1 We may now or in the future introduce interactive features and services to our Website that enable you to communicate with us and/or other Website users, such as for example by means of review features, bulletins and/or chat rooms (Interactive Services).
9.2 When using our Website, any content or material that you upload to our Website (User Content) via our Interactive Services or via any other means made available on our Website (whether this be information, pictures, commentary, reviews or videos) must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards (Content Standards):
9.3 User Content must: be respectful; be accurate (where it states facts); be genuinely held (where it states opinions); be content that you own or have the right to upload; and, comply with applicable laws in the UK or any country from which it is posted;
User Content must not be:
188.8.131.52 defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory or sexually explicit;
184.108.40.206 promoting of violence or discrimination of any sort;
220.127.116.11 infringing of any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other right of any other person;
18.104.22.168 likely to deceive any person;
22.214.171.124 uploaded in breach or any legal duty owed to any third party, such as a duty of confidentiality;
126.96.36.199 promoting of any illegal activity;
188.8.131.52 threatening, abusive or invasive of another person’s privacy, or likely cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
184.108.40.206 likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
220.127.116.11 impersonating any person or misrepresenting your identity or affiliation with any person; or
18.104.22.168 giving the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case.
9.4 You warrant that any User Content you upload to the Website complies with our Content Standards and agree to indemnify us for any breach of this promise. This means that you will be responsible for any and all loss or damage that we suffer as a result of your failure to comply with this promise.
9.5 You grant us and other users of the Website, a non-exclusive, royalty free, transferable, sub licensable, worldwide licence to use, store, copy, host and distribute via the Website any User Content that you upload to the Website.
9.6 You understand that we are not under an obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate User Content or the Interactive Services and that we are not liable to you for any losses or damages that may arise from use of our Interactive Services by you or any user in contravention of our Content Standards.
10. PROHIBITED USES OF OUR WEBSITE
10.1 You agree only to use the Website for lawful purposes and agree that you will not use our Website:
10.1.1 in any way that might breach any applicable laws, or regulations or might be fraudulent;
10.1.2 for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any individuals (including minors) in any way;
10.1.3 to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards which we’ve outlined the User Content and Standards section 9 above;
10.1.4 to transmit, or procure the sending of, unsolicited advertising or marketing materials; nor
10.1.5 to knowingly or recklessly transmit data, send or upload any materials that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programmes or similar code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
10.2 You also agree not to access without permission, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
10.2.1 any part of our Website;
10.2.2 any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
10.2.3 any software used in the provision of our Website; nor
10.2.4 any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
11. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
In the event that you fail to comply with any of these Terms, we reserve the right to take any actions that we deem appropriate such as immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website or removal of any User Content uploaded by you to our Website.
12. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
12.1 In these Terms we do not exclude or limit our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes any liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
12.2 Subject to what we state in section 12.1 above, where it is permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website, Website availability and any Content and will not be liable to you for any loss or damage whether direct or indirect) arising under or in connection with:
12.2.1 any Content on the Website;
12.2.2 your use of, or inability to use, the Website;
12.2.3 your use of or reliance on any Interactive Services and/or Content; or
12.2.4 your downloading of any Content on our Website, on any website linked to our Website.
12.3 Please note that we only provide our Website and Content for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Website or Content for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss or loss of business opportunity. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of- service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your internet- enabled device, software, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any Content on it.
13.1 If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right that we have against you at a particular time, then this does not prevent us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
13.2 If a court or regulator finds any part of these Terms illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable regulator, then, where required, that part shall be deleted from the Terms and the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
13.3 These Terms, our Venue Terms and our Privacy and Cookies Policy set out the full extent of our obligations and liabilities concerning the Website and any products or services provided through it and replace any previous agreements and understandings between us and you.
13.4 In the event of any conflict between these Terms and our Venue Terms, our Venue Terms shall take precedence.
13.5 These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. To the extent that the law in which you are resident permits, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
14. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we do this we will update the page where these Terms are available Your continued use of our Website will be subject to the new terms either from the date we notify you or on the date that we update them on our Website in case of immaterial changes.
These Website Terms and Conditions were last updated on 17th June 2022.